Monday, February 4, 2013

NEW BLOG!!!



Hello and welcome to my new blog!
In November 2010 I began couponing and following coupon blogs after deciding I wanted to remain a stay at home mom for a few more years than I had initially planned. I had been a very budget conscious person prior to this but I discovered that with the use of coupons I could save even more money on groceries, clothing and more...
The first thing that came to my mind when I started reading up on couponing basics was "Wow, this is going to be a lot of work!"
 IT WAS/STILL IS!
But as the months passed by I began to get into a good couponing groove and discovered a few things that made couponing a tad easier for me. I wanted to share these tips with others so in May 2011 I started a frugal living blog, mom22rn.
I really enjoyed sharing my savings and frugal living tips with others.
However, in September of last year, we moved out of our apartment and into a home. I decided to put my blogging and couponing on hold until we could get ourselves situated in our new home. 
I thought it would take about a month or two but I quickly realized it would take a bit longer than that...
Just before going on my couponing hiatus, I planned to do a major blog overhaul. I wanted to add new features that would further aid others with their savings and I planned to make Couponing 101 videos.
After the holidays were over and my stock pile had dwindled, I got myself back into a good couponing groove and decided to start a whole new blog instead of revamping the old one, My Family Friendly Budget...New year, New blog :)
I have transferred some of the content from my other blog onto here, since it's a tad easier than starting from scratch.
For those who are subscribed to the previous blog, you may want to subscribe to my new blog to receive email updates.
Below is a list of some of the features on my new blog:
  • Store coupon policies
  • Videos
  • Coupon Lingo
  • Recipes
  • Coupons (IP, Mobile, digital)
  • Favorite blogs
I will begin posting videos once a week in March 2013. I'm trying to get more comfortable with video editing, lighting and so forth.
I will continue to add more features to the blog so stay tuned for more improvements :)
In the meantime, I plan to post store & online deals as I come across them. Unfortunately, I will now be limited to posting store deals for CVS, Walgreens,Walmart, Fry's and Bashas only since these are the only stores in my vicinity. 
Sadly, there is no Target, Sprouts, F & E, Food City, Pro's Ranch Market, El Super or Dollar Tree in my little town :(
All these stores are now a 35 min or more drive for me...talk about moving to the middle of nowhere lol
We usually go into town once a week on weekends so I try to pick up miscellaneous items then :)

I hope you enjoy reading my new blog. Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions on topics you would like me to do a video on. 

As always,
Happy Shopping and thank you for reading my blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment